ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the general demands of the BIM team including BIM support "tickets"
- Being a support staff for the broader drafting and engineering department including the development and enforcement of standards and protocols
- Run periodic exports for Concrete Vision from Revit as well as frequent model health and content competency screenings
- Ensure quality assurance across all content. This would involve constant screening for different issues within most/all of the standard content
- Contribute to the research and development of future workflows and programs. This would include all software platforms we as the BIM team deem helpful for the efficiency of the company.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 year drafting degree that incorporated Revit or 3 years of precast Revit modeling
- Being willing to learn C#, Python, and VBA to a degree necessary for script writing
- Great communication skills
- Critical problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated success at coaching and training Revit users.
- General knowledge of coding logic (Preferred)
- Broad knowledge of a precast companies internal workflow (from Estimating to Field Services) (Preferred)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination for typing, filing, and using office equipment
- Visual acuity and ability to read small print
- Hearing acuity and ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to lift and move office supplies and equipment
- Mobility and ability to move around the office as needed
- Possession of valid driver's license, and the ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Low risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Low risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment
- Intermittent field / jobsite visits, will require safety precautions, and which may coincide with exposure to harsh weather.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)