Field Engineer – Healthcare Construction
Job Summary: The Field Engineer works with field staff and assists with the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects. This individual is the liaison between the field crews/activities, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and management.
- Project Management: Provides support to the Project Manager and Superintendent by assisting with planning, scheduling, procurement, safety, and project close outs.
- Materials Procurement & Management: Manages material and equipment flow to and around project sites; coordinates material scheduling with BSG; and, subcontractor and field purchased materials.
- Documentation: Oversees construction documentation control between Architecture and Engineering (A&E) and the field; and, change management and documentation with subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering required, or a combination of a minimum 2 years of construction and 2-year Associate's degree in a related field required.
- Completion of a college internship preferred.
Certifications and/or Licenses: None required.
Relevant Experience & Training:
- 1-3 years' experience in the construction industry
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control
- Ability to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal and OSHA requirements and completed OSHA 10-Hour Safety training
- Proficient in MS Office, Revit, Primavera P06 scheduling software, and Project management software
- Work is performed in a professional, creative, open construction project site. Appropriate PPE is required. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours. There are occasions where extra effort will be required to meet project deadlines. Great flexibility in schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines.
- 80% national travel required.