Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Take work direction from installation crew Foreman and Field Superintendent.
- Completes general construction labor tasks necessary to install precast members.
- Uses materials and supplies in an efficient manner.
- Operates equipment in a safe and responsible manner, specifically concrete saws.
- Cleaning and preparing Footings for layout.
- Must learn how to grout and weld.
- Handle rigging from the crane to hook to the precast members.
- Follows company safety procedures and policies.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- General knowledge of construction practices.
- Ability to work from heights (ladders, flatbed trailers, aerial equipment) safely.
- Ability to obtain membership to local laborers union.
- Valid driver's license and reliable means of transportation.
- Welding experience, preferably certification.
- Must be willing to travel and work in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work with others and always maintain professional conduct.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Ability to Travel and be away from home.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ Years of Construction or manual labor experience preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour certification (will be provided if necessary)
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment.
- Outside working weather conditions 100% of the time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, squat, and push/pull.
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)