General Labor – Sales (Seasonal /Full Time)
Seasonal 40 Hour a Week position to work during the Summer Months
Entry-level position that performs miscellaneous support tasks throughout the sales function. Primarily responsible for product merchandising within large volume stores including stocking shelves, freshness rotation, display set up and maintenance, cooler stocking/rotation, storage room organization and movement of products from storage to the sales floor. Sales responsibilities and customer contact are incidental and not a significant role for this position. Position may require additional duties as assigned by manager such as warehouse support, etc. Position may be required to work across a wide variety of weather conditions. This position requires lifting, loading, pushing and pulling cases weighing from 20-45 pounds repeatedly throughout a 10-12 hour work period. Also requires bending reaching and squatting to merchandise and display products. Position may be part or full-time.PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Merchandise store shelving, coolers and displays with products in accounts assigned by supervisor
Utilize point of purchase in each account
Keep back room stock in neat and orderly condition
Reset shelves, coolers, and other points of purchase to comply with established merchandising standards and negotiated customer contracts
Position may include D-Bay driver accountabilities to include...
Deliver products, serve customers, and execute all promotions to multiple stores each day
Operate trucks requiring an appropriate CDL license (e.g., performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, or maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
Service all scheduled customers by the end of the daily shift
Merchandise and rotate all accounts to local standards (e.g., filling shelves, building displays, making products look attractive on shelves, rotating products, cleaning shelves, refilling out of stocks, removing out of date products, removing/returning shells, etc.)
Push and pull pallet jacks, hand trucks and breakdowns to move products to and from truck
Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account
Comply with operating procedures (e.g., scan-in/scan-out, following designated route, etc.)
Serve customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)
Follow DOT regulations
Regular, reliable, predictable attendanceBASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- 18 years or older
- Must have car or personal transportation to access multi-store locations in assigned shift (if applicable)
- Valid drivers' license (if applicable); Proof of insurance; Valid CDL license (if required)
- Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test (if applicable)
- Follow DOT Regulations (if applicable)
- Merchandising products (e.g., filling shelves, building displays, making products look attractive on shelves, rotating product, cleaning shelves, replacing out of stocks, removing out of date products, etc.)
- Operating handheld computers (e.g., inputting data, entering transactions, printing, etc.)
- Working for a retail business or grocery store (e.g., understanding store operations, knowing the backroom and inventory, stocking aisles and shelves, etc.)
- Moving products within a store (e.g., safely stacking and moving products on equipment such as a u-boat, hand truck/dolly and/or breakdown, etc.)
- Managing backroom/stock room inventory (e.g., organizing pallets, stacking//storing inventory/products)
- Serving customers (handling customer complaints, responding to customer requests, or meeting customer needs)
For positions that require use of a personal vehicle for a sales route, mileage reimbursement is provided.
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity