GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to perform janitorial and cleaning tasks in both an office and manufacturing plant setting spanning multiple buildings on our property.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing cleaning duties in a heavily dusty manufacturing work environment.
- Wiping down surfaces in the offices, plants and lunch trailers including tables, chairs, door handles, appliances, and other high use/touched fixtures.
- Cleaning restroom and breakroom areas, including men's, women's and unisex restrooms.
- Restocking/suppling restrooms, break rooms or other areas with supplies including paper and sanitizing products.
- Cleaning building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Disposing of trash and emptying trash can as required.
- Notifying managers concerning the need for major repairs or the replenishment of cleaning supplies or equipment.
- Driving yard vehicles throughout the plant grounds to travel to areas requiring cleaning.
- Mixing water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications to use when cleaning.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret product directions/specifications and user manuals.
- Proficient communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, displaying a high level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers
- Know and understand safety procedures
- Possession of a valid driver's license, and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Visual acuity and ability to read small print
- Ability to lift and move office supplies and equipment
- Mobility and ability to move around the office as needed
- Hearing acuity and ability to communicate effectively with others
- Physically able to push, pull, lift, bend, climb, kneel, twist, squat, crawl and use hands/forearms repetitively and frequently.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
- Wet, hot, humid, and wintry conditions (weather related) (plant specific)
- Ability to work outside year-round (plant specific)
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)