For over 75 years Rice Lake Weighing Systems (RLWS) has been a successful, growth-oriented company known as a leader in the weighing industry and the communities in which we operate. RLWS has grown to over 1,200 domestic and international employees doing business in nearly 200 countries around the world. A planned succession event has prompted RWLS to seek a Logistics Director. Based in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, the Logistics Director role at RLWS champions the advancement of the company's supply chain strategy by identifying areas for improvement and taking actions as required to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the logistics department. The selected person also supports RLWS facilities throughout the U.S. and international locations through leadership, guidance and planning. The Logistics Director will supervise the Logistics Team, Shipping Manager and Import-Export Specialist. In addition, they will work closely with Purchasing, Sales, Product Management and Accounting. Finally, they will preserve our "Customer Comes First", relationship-based, family approach as we continue to grow in an ISO 9001 operating environment. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/MAJOR TASKS
- Responsible for all logistics operations and support across all distribution channels both domestically and internationally.
- Responsible/Overview for different activities such as warehouse, inventory control, receiving, replenishment, shipping, freight scheduling and continuous improvement.
- Drives the design, development, implementation, and management of logistics solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning of logistics operations.
- Works in conjunction with various teams such as business development, field support, and customer service to handle areas of development and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Evaluates and monitors logistics budgets and expenditures.
- Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to key performance metrics, program updates, and ongoing program information.
- Oversees the safety and efficiency of internal and external warehouse facilities.
- Establishes, negotiates, and manages carriers and warehouse services when necessary to complement the business needs.
- Ensures that the logistics department provides the most effective and efficient means of transportation for shipments.
- Maintains operational procedures for activities such as verification of the accuracy of freight bills, carrier and forwarder compliance (FMCSA, USCBP, FDA, FCC etc.).
- Cultivate strong relationships with carriers and customers, both internal and external.
- Manages ongoing partner relationships (Parcel, LTL and FTL Carriers, Int. freight forwarders etc.).
- Reviews and analyzes carrier data weekly for trends, issues, and additional opportunities for freight cost savings.
- Utilize reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to identify opportunities for more efficient and cost-effective carrier network both domestically and internationally.
- Reviews and develops freight policies that are consistent with the company's goals to optimize efficiencies in this area.
- Ascertain industry/logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate RLWS from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction.
- Keeps up to date on the latest federal and state safety regulations.
- Analyzes logistic flows and patterns and implement the changes required to realize savings in both cost and time.
- Works with other department managers and team members to implement company policies and goals.
- Verifies adherence to all procedures within safety, site quality system, operational procedures, and transportation practices.
- Communicate KPIs to ensure service alignment & visibility to both internal and external customers/vendors.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of international shipping rules and regulations including Customs transactions and requirements.
- Assists in recruiting and selecting employees.
- Ensures mentoring and development of team members to meet business's objectives.
- Tracks competencies of team members and provides feedback to unlock their true potential.
- Sets warehouse and team goals in collaboration with executive management and department manager.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain or business is preferred, other degree or experience may be considered; CLTD credential a plus.
- 10 years of experience within Logistics Management or a related field required.
- Ability to establish relationships with all levels of an organization, while gaining and maintaining credibility
- Data-driven, fact-based decision maker who can also think "out of the box" when needed.
- Strong collaboration skills and high integrity.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers and associates across departments and organizations.
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Make independent judgments regarding critical business decisions.
- Identify business opportunities and suggest improvements in both terms of productivity, efficiencies and costs.
- Strong mathematical skills required to perform rate evaluations and to evaluate total transportation expenditures.
- Strong ability to evaluate and negotiate all related department decisions while establishing lane rates, delivery time frames, and acceptable timelines for dispatching.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
Certificates, licenses, training, or other job-related requirements
- Valid Driver's License.
- U.S. passport.
To be considered, a resume and cover letter with salary requirements must be submitted.
Rice Lake Weighing Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. All applicants who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.