Konecranes Nuclear Equip and Services LLC
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: New Berlin, WI, US
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: New Berlin , Wisconsin (US-WI)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Konecranes is the industry shaping global leader in manufacturing and servicing overhead cranes and other lifting equipment. We serve a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. With over 17,000 employees and 500 locations worldwide, we are the largest crane company in the world.
Konecranes Nuclear Equipment and Services (KNES) is the engineering arm for all work performed in the nuclear arena throughout the world. We also provide the detailed engineering for specialty and government projects in selected countries. KNES is located in New Berlin, Wisconsin, with approximately 55 design engineers in the Engineering group, and another 60 technical employees providing support.
The successful candidate will work with both Engineering and Manufacturing to create design submittals that will reduce cost and critical path time for the final product. As a project-oriented company, we have unique designs and requirements on almost all projects. The successful candidate will develop processes and train Engineering and Manufacturing on new ways to release products that will be more cost effective. The individual will also assist Manufacturing to communicate manufacturing problems and find effective ways to resolve them in a timely basis for the long term.
Manufacturing Engineer responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements. This would include reviewing weldment and machining drawings.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process to improve productivity and reduce rework/repairs.
- Develop weld procedures for new process per the requirements of AWS D1.1/D14.1 and EN-ISO 3834-2.
- Update the company's weld procedures to conform to the latest editions of AWS D1.1 and D14.1
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- Perform training of Engineering personnel on manufacturing techniques
Manufacturing Engineer qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- History of progressive responsibility a plus
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with CAD programs a plus
- 7+ years' design, manufacturing and quality control experience in product manufacturing
- Working knowledge of AWS D1.1/D14.1. Clear evidence in the ability to write Prequalified and Qualified WPS.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .