Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Watertown, WI, US
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Watertown , Wisconsin (US-WI)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator
REPORTS TO: District Safety Manager - GRU
Under the supervision of the District Safety Manager, with dotted line reporting to the Director of HSE - Region Americas.
- Provide safety leadership for the facility in Watertown, WI as well as support the Nuclear Group.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings, safety training, safety audits, risk assessments and other safety related assistance at the facility and occasionally job site or branch locations
- Create effective safety partnerships with all employees
- Ensure the effectiveness of day to day safety compliance and procedures.
- Lead or take part in the investigation and conduct Root Cause Analysis on all injury/illness and/or near hit incidents to include corrective action plans
- Assist, advise, follow-up and/or lead implementation with local management on corrective actions with all incidents and near hits.
- Implement and follow-up on Konecranes safety policies and procedures
- Assist or act as backup resource to other Safety Managers (all business units) and the Director of HSE - Region Americas.
- Assist the District Safety Manager, as needed, with client meetings and presentations to demonstrate Konecranes safety commitment and history
- Represent company with safety and health regulatory agencies including OSHA, EPA and DOT
- Other tasks as required
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety or equivalent preferred. Willingness to obtain safety certifications such as CSP, OHST, CHST and CMSP.
EXPERIENCE: Internships and/or one or more years of safety experience in occupational safety and health within an industrial manufacturing facility is required. Thorough knowledge and understanding of OSHA, DOT, ISO and applicable EPA standards. Strong organizational skills. Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written). Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft® Office. Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize. Must be a highly motivated and motivational team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
TRAVEL: Travel expectancy is 20% with infrequent overnights.
Konecranes is a global leader in the manufacturing and service of industrial overhead cranes and lifting equipment. For over 80 years, we've been dedicated to improving safety and productivity of businesses in all types of industries, including manufacturing and process industries, nuclear and renewable energy, shipyards, ports and terminals. Our strength comes from our continuous commitment to provide equipment and service that people can trust, accompanied by innovative technologies designed to improve performance, reliability and safety in every part of business operations that involve heavy lifting. We look to hire customer-oriented people who thrive on learning and problem solving in a fast paced environment. In return, we offer a good salary with highly competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and tenure-based contributions, tuition reimbursement, life & disability insurance, vacation and other leave programs and opportunities for both formal and on the job training.
Our People and Commitment
Our people are not only committed to helping our customers lift their businesses, but each other as well. Establishing meaningful relationships and collaborating with each other, with customers, and with our distributors, empowers our employees to achieve success. The passion our employees have to make a difference and enhance the quality of the lives of those around them is what makes our people unique.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .