SEALANTS – FIELD SUPERVISOR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:The Field Supervisor is responsible for the overall installation of sealants, waterproofing, and all other scopes of work under contract with Wells Sealants & Restoration on buildings and ramps. This person is responsible for field safety, field administration, management of the crews, training field folks, equipment management, and overall progress of the project and reports directly to the Director of Field Operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety of crews/personnel - promote, enforce, and develop extremely strong safety culture.
- Training new employees; promoting growth in up-and-coming employees.
- Complete understanding of caulking, all aspects of materials, traffic coatings, expansion joints, carbon fiber, field patching, concrete repair, air barriers, and waterproofing
- Promote Wells Sealants & Restoration in the field for additional work/contracts.
- Management of job costs and resources such as rented equipment on sealant projects
- Source necessary construction equipment & materials to complete the project.
- Ensure the quality of the project is second to none.
- Read & interpret plans and specifications.
- Plan the work and work the plan.
- Daily report explaining progress made & problems encountered. Accountable for foreman daily reports
- Attend jobsite meetings/coordination meetings with contractor.
- Coordinate appropriate equipment & crew size needed for the project to be completed in an efficient manner.
- Determine the proper installation sequence based on the site & precast produced to work efficiently & effectively.
- Review scope of work for each job
- Assist in Hiring/Retention of field employees.
- Work with management team to establish training for applications.
- Assist Project Manager to complete billings in a timely manner.
- Complete and follow-up on reports, RFI's, Change Orders and other documents as needed.
- Install Sealants/Concrete Repairs as needed.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in sealant application.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe job site.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Large and complex project experience preferred.
- Must always carry in a professional manner.
- Must be able to lead a team with respect and dignity.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Knowledge of products the company uses, and which products would work best.
- Understand and accept changes that are implemented to become Best-in-Class.
- Valid driver's license required and ability to safely operate a company vehicle.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination for typing, filing, and using office equipment.
- Visual acuity and ability to read small print.
- Hearing acuity and ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to lift and move office supplies and equipment.
- Mobility and ability to move around the office as needed
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions
- Moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)