Wells is hiring caulkers. The caulker is responsible for the installation of sealants/caulking systems on precast buildings and ramps. This position will travel throughout Colorado to construction sites caulking buildings. Wells offers great compensation and Per Diem is paid while traveling.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety of crew/personnel
- Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, swing stages and man lifts at various heights safely
- Bring problems to the attention of the Caulking Foreman
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to schedule with minimal supervision
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Perform a variety of tasks on construction sites
- Follow direction from the Caulking Foreman
- Maintain a clean jobsite and trailer/truck
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with coworkers, supervisors, and managers
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe job site
- Must carry in a professional manner at all times
- Construction site knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs+
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become best-in-Class
- Quality Minded
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12hr per day
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 Years Prior experience in sealants application preferred
- Experience in application of waterproof systems preferred
- Precast Concrete Experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License required
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions
- Moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment
***CONTINGENT ON PASSING A PHYSICAL/DRUG SCREEN***
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)