Selling Store Manager
Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for the showroom and managing the sales of the store to maximize performance.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Manage the sales and administrative functions of a corporate store including staffing, sales management, sales training, inventory control, customer service, community relations, building maintenance, housekeeping, and product display in accordance with Slumberland standards.
- Recruit, interview, and select store employees. Conduct timely performance reviews. Work with the Sales Director and/or HR in making decisions pertaining to the promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation or termination of store employees. Identify and develop management candidates.
- Provide leadership necessary to motivate employees to meet individual goals while realizing the overall store goals simultaneously. Build an atmosphere that is stimulating, cooperative, challenging, and rewarding. Manage employees through hiring termination positive feedback, corrective action. Direct work flow and scheduling. Write and present timely performance reviews.
- Perform all the duties and responsibilities of a sales associate in such a way that demonstrates, by personal example, the desired standards of conduct and work performance.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures
Bachelor's degree or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer knowledge. Point of Sale systems experience preferred. Basic math skills.