Warehouse and Delivery Assistant
Starting Pay at $16.50-18.50/hour! First shift, Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
Join the Slumberland Furniture Delivery Team! Slumberland is a family-owned company, ranking within the top 20 for both furniture and bedding retailers in the nation.Find out why 92% of employees feel cared for by their leaders and are proud to work here. At Slumberland, you'll find a kind, friendly, and supportive environment that values love, dignity, and respect. We share a common goal of providing an exceptional customer experience and quality furniture for a great price!
Warehouse and Delivery Assistant Job Highlights
- Up to 3 weeks of paid time off in your first year, plus 24 hours of PTO given on first day
- Full Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- 401K Retirement and Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement, Career Development, and Manager In Training Programs
- DailyPay Available
- Generous Merchandise Discount
Warehouse and Delivery Assistant Job Duties
The Warehouse and Delivery Assistant assists with delivery services and is responsible for assisting customers over the phone and in store with administrative and operational duties including merchandise handling, display, receiving, shipping, delivery preparation, maintenance, and administrative tasks.
- Assist customers and sales staff, schedule pick-ups, deliveries, payments, writing and adjusting sales orders, customer balances
- Assist in delivery of merchandise into customer's homes.
- Move merchandise to and from the floor; display or rewrap for storage, delivery, customer pickup or shipment
- Incoming: unload, identify, inspect, tag, and receive. Outgoing: unpack, inspect, assemble and wrap to ensure unblemished arrival.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by resolving discrepancies; notify leadership of inventory discrepancies
Warehouse and Delivery Assistant Requirements
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, colleagues, vendors
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. and occasionally up to 200 lbs
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb (ladder), balance, turn around, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, and bend at the knees
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and a drug test