GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Fabrication of production assemblies used in the production plant that meet the Company's and PCI's requirements of a certified welder.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates forklifts, welders, all shears and punches, drill presses, and band saws
- Builds and sets up own jigs
- Perform welding tasks that meet the welding requirements established by the Company and PCI
- Ability to read basic blueprints
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Welding certification preferred, but willing to test
- Have adequate knowledge of the English language to be able to read steel orders, blueprints, and be able to communicate with other members of the crew
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift. (Wells will train)
- Be experienced in operating overhead crane-ways. (Wells will train)
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- General math skills and ability to read tape measure.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently and work independently when needed.
- Understand and accept changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Physically able to lift up to 75 lbs, occasionally.
- Physically able to push, pull, lift, bend, climb, kneel, twist, squat, crawl and use hands/forearms repetitively and frequently.
- Ability to move around for up to 12 hours per day.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)